I'm a southern lady, and if there's one thing we like it's dessert and butter. This is Apple Banana Bake even won the heart of my southern grandmother!!
I highly recommend for family events and holidays. I know Jake and I personally attended several "Friendsgiving" events in the fall, and this will be great to bring. Not to mention it would be great at a cookout-- HELLO 4th OF JULY! The warm cinnamon, fruit, and buttery oat topping make for good times around the table. Now lets get to the recipe, shall we??
- One large green apple (I recommend something in mildly tart)
- One large red apple (I recommend something in mildly sweet)
- One very ripe banana
- 3/4 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon White Stevia sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Stevia sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Almond extract
- 1 Tablespoon Vegan Butter
- 1/2 Cup Oats
- Pre-set oven to 400°
- While the oven is preheating mix 1 tablespoon of vegan butter with a half cup of oats.
- Add about a 1/4 tablespoon of cinnamon, a tablespoon of Stevia brown sugar, and a 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract to the oat and butter mixture.
- Slice the banana and dice the apples (smaller slices will become more soft when baking).
- Mix sliced fruit together with half a tablespoon of cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of Stevia sugar and a 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract.
- Bake the apple and banana mixture (without topping) for 15-18 minutes (depending on how cooked you'd like your fruit) in the oven.
- Top the mixture with the oat mixture.
- Bake for an additional 12 minutes.
Additional Filling Ideas:
- Chia Seeds or Flax Seeds
- Strawberries (or, really any berry!)
- You can replace the Stevia with dates
- BONUS- try topping with your favorite granola recipe, and add butter before baking!
Suggested Serving Ideas:
- Serve with banana nice cream
- Coconut or Soy whipped cream
- Eat with a bowl of almond milk, like cereal!
Well, thanks all folks! Get in your kitchen and start baking!